Workstream Coordinator – Cambodia
The Alliance is looking for two motivated candidates to fill the position of Workstream Coordinator(s) and provide support for its project in Cambodia
Workstream Coordinator(s) – Cambodia
Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation/Swisscontact
1) Background information
The Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation is a public-private partnership for trade-led growth, supporting governments in developing and least-developed countries in implementing the World Trade Organization’s Trade Facilitation Agreement. Alliance projects cut through red tape and end costly delays at borders by bringing together governments and businesses of all sizes as equal partners to deliver targeted trade reforms.
By emphasizing digitisation and delivering other best practices, Alliance projects enable businesses to trade more easily thanks to streamlined and more predictable processes. Governments save time and resources by modernising trade procedures while still safeguarding their borders. Ultimately, Alliance projects boost trade competitiveness and business conditions, which are key drivers of inclusive economic growth and poverty reduction.
The Alliance is led by the Center for International Private Enterprise, the International Chamber of Commerce, and the World Economic Forum, in cooperation with Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ). It is funded by the governments of the United States, Canada, Germany, Denmark, and Australia.
Swisscontact is a leading organisation for the implementation of international development projects. It promotes inclusive economic, social and ecological development to make an effective contribution towards sustainable and widespread prosperity in developing and emerging economies.
The Alliance, through Swisscontact, is implementing a project in Cambodia to improve small package e-Trade for SMEs. The project aims to support Cambodia boost improved trade performance and inclusive growth in the country by enhancing trade facilitation implementation with improved transparency in trade practices and reduced time and cost of cross-border e-trade. The main direct beneficiaries are the General Department of Customs and Excise (GDCE), Cambodia Post, Cambodia Women Entrepreneurs Association (CWEA), and selected other private entities.
In this endeavour, the Alliance and Swisscontact are looking for two motivated candidates to fill the position of Workstream Coordinator(s) and provide support to the project activities in Cambodia.
- Contract duration: End December 2022
- Place work: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Disposition frequent travelling within country.
3) Job purpose
The Project Workstream Coordinator(s) shall be responsible for coordinating and implementing project activities, supporting to liaison with project partners and stakeholders, coordinating external consultant missions on certain activity streams, and performing other technical related tasks to ensure the achievement of the project goals and related indicators. He/She shall work under the direct supervision of the Project Workstream Leader, under the responsibility of Swisscontact’s Country Director, and in close cooperation with the project team and project counterparts, including GDCE, Cambodia Post, CWEA, other public and private sector partners, and external experts.
- Provide technical support on matters related to trade practice, trade facilitation, and cross-border e-commerce sector, including trade procedures, logistic solution, digital payment solution, capacity building needs and training
- Support in background research, collect and compile related data and documents for assessment and reporting, as required
- Contribute to analytical work and report writing
- Support to the organization of physical and virtual workshops, trainings, and events (e.g., planning, organizing, and reporting)
- Coordinate and facilitate external expert missions on certain activity streams (e.g. assessment mission)
- Support in the assignments by external experts as required
- Coordinate and facilitate oversea study tour for selected staffs of project local partner (e.g. for technical exchange with partners abroad)
- Support to liaison with the project counterparts, including GDCE, Cambodia Post, CWEA, other public and private sector partners, and external experts
- Contribute to project activity planning, implementing, and results monitoring
- Support in documenting key lessons/insights from engaging with various stakeholders during the implementation of project
- Perform other technical
5) Profile of candidate
- University Degree in International Trade, Economics, Business Administration, or related field
- At least 3 (three) years of professional experience in economic policy, trade policy, trade facilitation, capacity building service, and/or Cambodian government support projects
- Proven facilitation skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of trade-related developments in Cambodia
- Good knowledge and understanding of Cambodia’s e-commerce and digital economy eco-system
- Familiarity with the global trade, WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement, e-commerce, and their relevance for economic development in Cambodia
- Prior experience in cooperating with trade-related government agencies, business associations or private companies, and a wide range of service providers is preferred
- Prior experience in working on importation, exportation, and/or trade facilitation with international development agencies and/or private entities is a strong asset
- Good command of English and Khmer languages, both written and spoken
- Good interpersonal and intercultural skills in working with various interracial partners
- Good IT skills and advanced command of MS Office applications.
To apply for this opportunity, please send a resume and letter of motivation in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 16th, 2021.