The Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation is a public-private partnership for trade-led growth, supporting governments in developing and least-developed countries in implementing the World Trade Organization’s Trade Facilitation Agreement. Alliance projects cut through red tape and end costly delays at borders by bringing together governments and businesses of all sizes as equal partners to deliver targeted trade reforms.
By emphasizing digitisation and delivering other best practices, Alliance projects enable businesses to trade more easily thanks to streamlined and more predictable processes. Governments save time and resources by modernising trade procedures while still safeguarding their borders. Ultimately, Alliance projects boost trade competitiveness and business conditions, which are key drivers of inclusive economic growth and poverty reduction.
The Alliance is led by the Center for International Private Enterprise, the International Chamber of Commerce, and the World Economic Forum, in cooperation with Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ). It is funded by the governments of the United States, Canada, Germany, and Denmark.
Our purpose, vision, mission and values
To create new business opportunities, enabling greater economic and social development and reducing poverty.
A world where cross-border trade is simple, fast and cost-effective.
To enhance trade facilitation implementation by bringing together the public and private sectors as equal partners to identify and deliver commercially meaningful reforms in developing and least developed countries.
- Collaboration – we believe the public and private sectors must be equal partners, co-creating reforms and taking equal responsibility for improving trade facilitation
- Pragmatism – we believe in practical reforms that make trade easier
- Impact – everything we do is measurable and results-driven, delivering sustainable, commercially meaningful change
- Impartiality – we work with our partners towards a greater, shared vision
- Transparency – we are open and accountable for our actions