Terms of Reference – Global Partnership Manager
Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation/ International Chamber of Commerce
As the institutional representative of over 45 million businesses in more than 100 countries, the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) operates with a core mission to “make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere”.
We act as the primary voice of the real economy in a range of intergovernmental organisations – from the World Trade Organisation to the UN climate process – championing the needs of local business in global decision making.
The convening power of our global network enables us to set rules and standards that facilitate over $10 trillion dollars in trade each year – as well as providing tailored products and digital services that directly address the real challenges faced by businesses operating internationally.
We also provide the world’s premier private global dispute resolution services, leveraging ICC’s unique independence, integrity and expertise.
ICC is one of the lead organisations of the Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation, a public-private partnership for trade-led growth, supporting governments in developing and least-developed countries in implementing the World Trade Organization’s Trade Facilitation Agreement. Alliance projects cut through red tape and end costly delays at borders by bringing together governments and businesses of all sizes as equal partners to deliver targeted trade reforms.
Within the Alliance, ICC is responsible for business engagement and strategic communications and leads the Alliance’s Business Action Project workstream which allows Alliance business partners to propose ideas for trade facilitation projects for selection, validation and implementation by the Alliance.
ICC is looking for an energetic Global Partnership Manager to join its team working specifically as part of the Alliance. This is an opportunity to be part of an exciting international development initiative working to make trade across borders simpler, faster and more cost-effective, creating new business opportunities, enabling greater economic and social development and reducing poverty.
You will play a key role in developing and maintaining strong relationships with the Alliance’s global business partners and ICC’s national committees and network of chambers of commerce with a view to engaging them in the work of the Alliance and contributing to the Alliance’s success. We are looking for a dynamic and motivated global partnership manager who is passionate about trade, public-private partnerships and getting business engaged in development cooperation.
You will be based in Paris and will report to the ICC Deputy Director – Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation. You will work closely with the Alliance’s international team spread throughout the world.
- Manage the Alliance’s network of global business partners, including the Alliance’s Private Sector Working Group, working to engage them actively in the work of the Alliance
- Expand and deepen the Alliance network of global private sector partners by mapping potential partners and understanding their interests and priorities
- Review, execute and track the Alliance’s outreach and business partner strategy
- Leverage ICC’s network of businesses, National Committees and chambers of commerce in support of the Alliance
- Identify opportunities to leverage ICC’s activities and campaigns in support of trade facilitation to further advance the work of the Alliance
- Represent ICC on the Alliance’s Private Sector Task Force
- Support the design and coordination of Alliance sessions at events and conferences, particularly in engaging business participants
- Monitor, analyse and report on private sector contributions to the Alliance
- Support Alliance project teams in-country to develop and implement private sector engagement plans
- Collect and share lessons learned and best practices
- Manage and oversee the work of the Partnership Officer who reports to the Partnership Manager
The ideal candidate will have:
- University degree in business administration, economics, international trade, or a closely related field.
- Minimum 5 years of corporate stakeholder engagement experience
- Ability to understand complex stakeholder relationships both in developing and least developed countries and within the multilateral sphere
- Knowledge of trade, logistics, customs processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, preferably in an international context
- Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities under pressure with a ‘can-do’ problem-solving attitude
- Motivated self-starter who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent critical thinking skills and high attention to detail
- Keen awareness and sensitivity to cultural differences and organizational structures
- Fluent English. Spanish and French would be assets
4. Terms and Conditions
Applicants should mention whether they are legally entitled to work in France.
Location: The position is located in Paris, France.
Start date: as soon as possible
Contract term: 12 months
How to apply: Please send your curriculum vitae and a cover letter to the selection committee at RecrutementICC_Alliance@iccwbo.org.
Closing date for applications: 25 May 2022
At ICC, we make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere. And when we say “everyone”, we mean it. We celebrate the diversity of our people and strive to inspire acceptance, cultivate a culture where difference matters, inclusion is essential, and equality of opportunity is for everyone.