Senior Communications Consultant
Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation/International Chamber of Commerce
1. Background information
The Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation is a public-private partnership for trade-led growth, supporting governments in developing and least-developed countries in implementing the World Trade Organization’s Trade Facilitation Agreement. Alliance projects cut through red tape and end costly delays at borders by bringing together governments and businesses of all sizes as equal partners to deliver targeted trade reforms.
The Alliance is led by the Center for International Private Enterprise, the International Chamber of Commerce, and the World Economic Forum, in cooperation with Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ). It is funded by the governments of the United States, Canada, Germany, Denmark, and Australia.
As one of the lead organizations of the Alliance, ICC is responsible for business engagement, developing projects with global business partners, and strategic communications within the Alliance. In this context, ICC is looking for an experienced communications professional to provide advice and support the implementation of the Alliance’s communications strategy.
The consultant will:
- Provide strategic advice on how best to achieve the Alliance’s communications goals, including showcasing its impact and supporting Alliance teams in attracting and sustaining support from key stakeholders
- assist in developing communications campaigns and action plans to support in-country projects as well as global Alliance activities
- aid in coordinating communications activities in concert with the Alliance’s key stakeholders, including donors, implementing partners, business associations, and global and local business partners
- advise on enhancements to the range of Alliance communications platforms, including the Alliance’s website, social media channels and newsletter as needed
- create a media engagement plan to raise the Alliance’s profile with key specialty and general publications
assist with writing speeches, presentations, web and social media material, as needed
3. Requirements/ candidate profile
The ideal candidate will have:
- university degree in communications, journalism, political science, international trade, or a closely related field
minimum 10 years’ communications experience
- outstanding writing skills in English – the ability to engage with a variety of audiences (governments, multinational companies, small businesses in developing countries etc.) by distilling technical details into compelling narratives
- ability to understand complex stakeholder relationships both in developing and least developed countries and within the multilateral sphere
- experience communicating and/or working with a broad range of stakeholders, including donors and private sector
- knowledge of trade, logistics, customs processes
- experience managing websites and social media platforms
- excellent interpersonal and network-building skills, preferably in an international context
outstanding organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities under pressure with a ‘can-do’ problem-solving attitude
- excellent critical thinking skills and high attention to detail
- demonstrated experience in communicating effectively with diverse audiences
- proficiency in other languages would be an asset (ideally Spanish)
4. Evaluation methodology
Evaluation of an applicant’s suitability for this consultancy will be based on the applicant’s technical background as provided on the resume and cover letter as well as the applicant’s financial requirements.
5. Duration of contract
The duration of the contract is four months (ideally full time) with the possibility to extend depending on performance and the strategic communications needs of the Alliance.
6. Contract and selection process
Direct contract by the International Chamber of Commerce
Expected start date: as soon as possible
How to apply: Please send your curriculum vitae and a cover letter in English and your financial proposal (in Euros) to AllianceCommunications@iccwbo.org with the subject line: “Communications Consultant [YOURNAME]”.
Closing date for applications: 23h59 CET on 21 July 2021