Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation/International Chamber of Commerce
About ICC and the Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) is the world’s largest business organization representing more than 45 million members in more than 100 countries. ICC’s core mission is to make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere. Through a unique mix of advocacy, solutions and standard setting, we promote international trade, responsible business conduct and a global approach to regulation, in addition to providing market-leading dispute resolution services. Our members include many of the world’s leading companies, SMEs, business associations and local chambers of commerce.
ICC is one of the lead organisations of the Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation, a public-private partnership for trade-led growth. Alongside the World Economic Forum, the Center for International Private Enterprise and Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), we are redefining the way trade facilitation reforms are implemented. The Alliance brings together governments and businesses as equal partners to identify trade facilitation issues such as customs delays and unnecessary red-tape at borders, and design and implement targeted reforms that deliver commercially quantifiable results.
The Alliance’s work is designed to help governments in developing and least developed countries implement the World Trade Organization’s Trade Facilitation Agreement. The Alliance is supported by the governments of the United States, Canada, Germany, and Denmark, and works with private sector partners from small and medium-sized enterprises to the world’s largest multinationals such as BASF, DHL, Maersk, UPS, and Walmart.
Each host organisation has a distinct set of responsibilities within the Alliance. ICC is responsible for business engagement, strategic communications and developing.
Partnership Officer role:
You will contribute to the strategic objective of the Alliance to engage the private sector in its work, in particular by carrying out business intelligence activities on global businesses and international trade trends. We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Partnership Officer who is passionate about trade, public-private partnerships and getting business engaged in development cooperation.
You will be based in Paris and will report to the Partnership Manager – Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation. You will work closely with the Alliance’s international team spread throughout the world.
- research and identify potential global business partners for the Alliance
- conduct desk research and prepare background briefs on Alliance current and potential business partners’ operations and supply chains as well as emerging trends in cross-border trade
- assist the Partnership Manager in monitoring the Alliance’s outreach efforts and maintaining business engagement trackers
- assist with preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting to the Alliance’s Steering Group
- support the Partnership Manager in liaising with relevant ICC departments, national committees and chambers of commerce to explore opportunities to collaborate on Alliance trade facilitation projects
- organise events and help prepare all relevant support materials (e.g., agenda, presentation decks, etc.)
The ideal candidate for this entry-level position will have:
- university degree in business administration, economics, international trade, or a closely related field
- strong interest in trade, logistics, customs processes
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills, preferably in an international context
- excellent writing skills, with the ability to prepare succinct briefing materials
- ability to work in a multicultural and challenging environment and to be a team player, with a collaborative and consultative approach to working with others
- outstanding organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities under pressure with a ‘can-do’ problem-solving attitude
- excellent critical thinking skills and high attention to detail
- proficiency in Microsoft office, in particular PowerPoint
- fluent English; proficiency in other languages would be an asset (ideally Spanish)
Terms and conditions
Applicants should mention whether they are legally entitled to work in France.
- Location: The position is located in Paris, France.
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Contract term: 12 months
- How to apply: Please send your curriculum vitae and a cover letter to the selection committee at RecrutementICC_Alliance@iccwbo.org.
Closing date for applications: July 15, 2021