Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation
CDD: 12 months
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) is looking for an energetic Partnership Manager to join its team working specifically as part of the Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation (the Alliance). This is an opportunity to be part of an exciting international development initiative working to make trade across borders simpler, faster and more cost-effective, creating new business opportunities, enabling greater economic and social development and reducing poverty.
About the ICC and the Alliance
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) is the world’s largest business organization representing more than 45 million members in more than 100 countries. ICC’s core mission is to make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere. Through a unique mix of advocacy, solutions and standard setting, we promote international trade, responsible business conduct and a global approach to regulation, in addition to providing market-leading dispute resolution services. Our members include many of the world’s leading companies, SMEs, business associations and local chambers of commerce.
The ICC is one of the lead organisations of the Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation, a public-private partnership for trade-led growth. Alongside the World Economic Forum, the Center for International Private Enterprise and Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), we are redefining the way trade facilitation reforms are implemented. The Alliance brings together governments and businesses as equal partners to identify trade facilitation issues such as customs delays and unnecessary red-tape at borders, and design and implement targeted reforms that deliver commercially quantifiable results
The Alliance’s work is designed to help governments in developing and least developed countries implement the World Trade Organization’s Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA). The Alliance is currently implementing eleven projects across Africa, Asia and Latin America and developing several more. It is supported by the governments of the United States, Canada, Germany, Denmark, the United Kingdom and Australia, and works with private sector partners from small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to the world’s largest multinationals such as DHL, FCA Group, Maersk, UPS and Walmart.
Each host organisation has a distinct set of responsibilities within the Alliance. The ICC is responsible for business engagement and strategic communications and leads the Alliance’s Business Action Project workstream which allows Alliance business partners to propose ideas for trade facilitation projects for selection, validation and implementation by the Alliance.
Partnership Manager role:
You will play a key role in developing and maintaining strong relationships with the Alliance’s global business partners and ICC’s national committees and network of chambers of commerce with a view to engaging them in the work of the Alliance and contributing to the Alliance’s success. We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Partnership Manager who is passionate about trade, public-private partnerships and getting business engaged in development cooperation.
You will be based in Paris and will report to the ICC Deputy Director – Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation. You will work closely with the Alliance’s international team spread throughout the world.
- Build and manage relationships with ICC National Committees and Alliance business partners
- Expand and deepen the Alliance network of private sector partners by mapping potential partners and understanding their interests and priorities
- Review, execute and track the Alliance’s outreach and business partner strategy
- Co-manage alongside the World Economic Forum the Alliance’s network of global business partners
- Leverage ICC’s network of businesses, National Committees and chambers of commerce in support of the Alliance
- Identify opportunities to leverage ICC’s activities and campaigns in support of trade facilitation to further advance the work of the Alliance
- Represent ICC on the Alliance’s Private Sector Task Force
- Support the design and coordination of Alliance sessions at events and conferences, particularly in engaging business participants
- Collect and share lessons learned and best practices
The ideal candidate will have:
- University degree in business administration, economics, international trade, or a closely related field.
- Minimum 3 years of corporate stakeholder engagement experience
- Ability to understand complex stakeholder relationships both in developing and least developed countries and within the multilateral sphere
- Knowledge of trade, logistics, customs processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, preferably in an international context
- Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities under pressure with a ‘can-do’ problem-solving attitude
- Motivated self-starter who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent critical thinking skills and high attention to detail
- Keen awareness and sensitivity to cultural differences and organizational structures
- Fluent English. Spanish and French would be assets
Terms and conditions
Applicants should mention whether they are legally entitled to work in France.
Location: The position is located in Paris, France.
Start date: as soon as possible
Contract term: 12 months
How to apply: Please send your curriculum vitae and a cover letter to the selection committee at RecrutementICC_Alliance@iccwbo.org.
Closing date for applications: 14 August 2020