IMPACT REPORTING AND RESULTS MEASUREMENT SPECIALIST
(2-year maximum-duration contract, renewable)
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Why we are recruiting
The position is evenly split between two teams:
• The Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation, a pioneering global initiative to bring together government donor support with business community skills and experience to accelerate the implementation of trade facilitation reforms that deliver commercially meaningful impact, growth and development.
• The Platform for Global Public Goods, which curates the environment and natural resources agenda, food security, development finance and sustainable development activities at the Forum.
We are seeking an Impact Reporting and Results Measurement Specialist who will support the ongoing maintenance and updating of systems on these two teams. The systems aim at capturing qualitative and quantitative data that are used to generate knowledge and learning to continuously improve public-private action platforms, as well as a compelling narrative on impact and results in support of an expansion and scaling up of engagement with business partners and constituents.
Reporting lines and interactions
The role is based in Geneva within the World Economic Forum. The incumbent will support the work of the Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation and the Platform for Global Public Goods teams, reporting to the Monitoring and Evaluation Lead. Internally, this person will work with colleagues on both teams, and externally with a broad range of stakeholders and implementing partners.
Breakdown of main responsibilities
• Provide technical input to the design and/or updating of impact reporting and results measurement systems, including theories of change, results measurement frameworks, logframes and indicators
• Support staff in the selection and tracking of standard indicators (e.g. dialogues, private sector in-kind contributions, country progress reports, etc.) relevant to each project/platform
• Orientate staff on the use and timely reporting of information and impact stories as input to progress reporting, documenting emerging best practices and lessons learned.
– For the Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation, coordinating the consolidation and analysis of in-kind contributions, providing M&E, logframe and country progress reports updates as input to quarterly and annual reports, and administering the annual partners survey
– For the Platform for Global Public Goods, developing template for result-oriented and impact-driven progress reports
– For both teams, maintaining and updating the lessons and best practices databank based on impact reporting and results measurement information, progress reports and analysis
• Provide comments and technical inputs to baseline, mid-term and final assessments, using a combination of quantitative and qualitative methods.
– Providing technical inputs to staff in the selection of methodologies and implementation of project assessments
– Providing comments and technical input to the assessment reports
– Supporting staff in using assessment findings, including the coordination of management responses and dissemination of assessment findings
• Participate in the impact reporting and results measurement community of practice as a mechanism for knowledge sharing and learning.
• Orientate staff and other relevant stakeholders to ensure participation in the impact reporting and results measurement processes and an adequate flow of information and data
The successful candidate will be assessed on
• Technical monitoring and evaluation skills
• Analytical and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Time management and prioritization; able to work to short deadlines, juggling competing demands without compromising quality
• Stakeholder management and the ability to build effective relationships internally and externally
• Motivation and being a self-starter who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment
Preferred requirements and experience
• Master’s degree in social sciences, public administration, development studies or related field
• Minimum of three years’ professional experience relevant to impact reporting and results measurement
• Demonstrated experience working within multistakeholder processes and public-private partnerships on trade and/or sectors related to the global public goods
• Experience with the impact reporting and results measurement system of multi-donor funded programmes and projects is desired
• Computer literacy in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Access) is required, and knowledge of statistical analysis software (e.g. STATA or SPSS) is an asset.
Why work at the Forum
We believe that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve the state of the world by building awareness and cooperation, shaping mindsets and agendas and driving collective action. Join us and become a driver for positive change.