The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy and an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and civil society to build the institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include enterprise ecosystems, democratic governance, business advocacy, anti-corruption & ethics, and trade.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will work with the Deputy Director of Evaluation as part of a team to provide monitoring and evaluation (M&E) technical support for CIPE projects and programs, with particular focus on projects funded by the Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation (GATF). The GATF initiative is a multi-donor (including USAID), multi-site and multi-partner program designed to promote trade facilitation in developing countries using innovative approaches that engage the private sector and governments.
Position: Evaluation Assistant, Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation
Reports to: Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager
Scope: This full-time, regular, non-exempt position is based in Washington, D.C. The Evaluation Assistant is responsible for providing monitoring and evaluation support for CIPE’s Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation programs and staff.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work in close collaboration with the Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager to ensure adherence to established Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) processes and procedures
- Coordinate with departmental staff to monitor data and program information in efforts to track program results and outcomes
- Provide technical M&E support to GATF program staff and partners as needed including assistance with data collection, synthesis and reporting
- Help establish and maintain a data management system for easy data access, and serve as staff point of contact for data retrieval
- Create and organize electronic and paper program files
- Support GATF Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) staff in strengthening the use and application of evaluation protocols across programs
- Support GATF staff in financial and administrative tasks as required including processing travel requests and bookings, processing payment requests, and circulating documents for signature
- Provide administrative support for project implementation when necessary
- Perform research and data entry as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Collaborate with multiple CIPE departments to achieve programmatic goals, including Communications, Grants and Finance, Knowledge Management, and other regional teams
- Adhere to appropriate CIPE, NED and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required in international development, economics, public policy or related field, including formal training in research methods and program evaluation;.
- Minimum 1 year of administrative or office experience
- Background or experience in program evaluation, international development or related field, specifically in developing logic models, logical frameworks, theories of change, objectives and indicators, as well as the collection and analysis of project data for performance and impact
- Knowledge of research skills (surveys, focus groups, qualitative methods), and previous work with statistical databases (SPSS, STATA, or R) highly desired
- Strong writing and analytical skills and experience with data visualization
- Excellent English writing and verbal skills; proficiency in a second language is highly desirable
- Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project or similar
Benefits and Perks
Competitive Benefits including medical, dental, vision, short & long-term disability, flexible spending, paid family leave, life insurance, 401(k), commuter benefits, telework, and more! Employee events including Company Picnic, Health & Wellness Fair, Holiday Party and lots of fun in between!
CIPE offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations and an excellent benefits package. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States; CIPE is unable to sponsor employees for work visas.
CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.