(2 years, renewable)
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The World Economic Forum, International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and Centre for International Private Enterprise (CIPE), in coordination with the Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), are the lead organizations of the Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation, a pioneering global initiative that brings together governments and businesses as equal partners to design and implement commercially meaningful trade facilitation reforms.
The Alliance’s work aims to support governments in developing and least developed countries implement the World Trade Organization’s Trade Facilitation Agreement. The Alliance is currently implementing projects in Brazil, Colombia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Morocco, Sri Lanka, Viet Nam and Zambia as well as a regional project in Latin America and the Caribbean. Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation is supported by the governments of the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, Germany and Denmark, and works with private sector partners from small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to multinationals.
Why we are recruiting
We are looking for an individual to perform a wide range of coordination and executive assistance functions.
Reporting lines and interactions
The Coordinator role is based in Geneva within the Office of the Director of the Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation. He/she will provide coordination and administrative support to the Alliance’s teams spread throughout the world and reports to the Director based at the World Economic Forum.
Duties and responsibilities
General administrative support to the Office of the Director (50%)
- Coordinate management team calls and meetings (e.g. organize meeting logistics, including venue and remote video connections), and prepare detailed notes
- Coordinate steering group calls and meetings (e.g. organize meeting logistics, including venue and remote video connections, proofread and format meeting materials), and prepare detailed notes
- Act as secretary at in-person steering group meetings; this involves preparing the agenda, coordinating logistics with host, taking notes at meeting and producing meeting minutes
- Organize meetings for the Director, including at major events
- Organize travel and logistics for the Director and other members as required
- Support the Director in the administrative management of advisory groups (e.g. set up regular calls, manage correspondence)
- Coordinate the collection of inputs for and draft monthly reports; support the collection of inputs for and drafting of quarterly reports
General administrative support to Alliance teams (30%)
- Maintain document-sharing and collaboration systems, calendars and contact lists
- Assist in the onboarding of new staff and consultants by providing access to appropriate systems and documents
- Handle routine external inquiries and manage correspondence
- Organize operations calls, including booking meeting rooms and preparing notes
Support to Alliance-organized events (20%)
- Facilitate events and workshops, including liaising with participants regarding invitations and registrations, coordinating and communicating event logistics, assisting with travel arrangements, coding participants in internal systems, etc.
- For the purpose of Forum events, organize all logistics in relation to community sessions, including identifying potential participants and speakers, interface with primary engagement managers, prepare materials
- Organize the participation of the teams and relevant stakeholders at Forum events
Requirements and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business administration or relevant field
- 2-3 years of experience in coordination and support in a fast-paced environment; experience working with geographically dispersed teams is an asset
- Excellent written communication skills in English; written and oral fluency in French and/or Spanish is an asset
- High level of attention to detail and excellent organization and time-management skills
- Mastery of Microsoft Office; experience with Salesforce is an asset
- Ability to respond appropriately to high-level demands under pressure and juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to properly handle time-sensitive and confidential information
Why work at the Forum
We believe that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve the state of the world by building awareness and cooperation, shaping mindsets and agendas and driving collective action. Join us and become a driver for positive change.