Country Logistics Consultants
Short Term Diagnostic Study: Covid Vaccine Clearance Process Preparedness
The Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation (the Alliance) is a public-private partnership for trade led growth jointly hosted by the World Economic Forum, the International Chamber of Commerce and the Center for International Private Enterprise in cooperation with Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).
The Alliance’s work is designed to help governments in developing and least developed countries implement the World Trade Organization’s Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA). It brings together governments and businesses as equal partners to identify trade facilitation issues such as customs delays and unnecessary red-tape at borders, and design and implement targeted reforms that deliver commercially quantifiable results.
The Alliance is supported by the governments of the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, Germany and Denmark, and works with private sector partners from small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to the world’s largest multinationals such as DHL, FCA Group, Maersk, UPS and Walmart.
In collaboration with the US ASEAN Business Council, the Alliance is developing a project aimed at supporting countries in the ASEAN region to prepare for the importation of the Covid-19 vaccine and related critical medical equipment. For this purpose we are seeking a logistics consultant in each of the following countries:
- The Philippines
Each Country Logistics Consultant will undertake a short-term assignment related to the preparedness of clearance processes for importing the Covid-19 vaccine and related critical medical equipment.
2) Description of services
The services will be provided over a period of approximately 5 months which may be renewed depending on need. The Country Logistics Consultants will be located in-country and will collaborate closely with the Alliance and USABC teams.
The Country Logistics Consultants will support the USABC and Alliance’s initiative to help governments in the ASEAN region be fully ready to receive consignments of the Covid-19 vaccine in optimal condition. Each Country Logistics Consultant will provide the following services:
- Conduct a stakeholder mapping to identify all relevant public and private actors
- Conduct in-country research using the diagnostic methodology and tools developed by the Alliance
- Identify key areas of potential logistical challenges which could be improved
- Identify existing government initiatives / groups working on Covid-19 vaccine preparations to ensure that the USABC-Alliance’s initiative is complementary to these
- Conduct a table top test exercise with public and private sector stakeholders, in a standardised manner with support from USABC and Alliance resources, to ensure that all processes related to clearing vaccine, syringes, needles and all other supporting equipment are both time and cost efficient as well as sufficiently robust to adapt to unexpected events.
- Conduct dummy shipments with public and private sector stakeholders, in a standardised manner with support from Alliance and USABC resources, to test processes and procedures in a realistic manner
- Provide a report on the above activities in a format stipulated by the Alliance and USABC
4) Required profile
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in trade facilitation, international trade economics or international development.
- At least 3 years of experience in the domain of logistics related to pharmaceuticals and related domains.
- Experience in table top testing, project management and core logistics.
- Working experience in the country in which the services will be provided
- Strong understanding of the TFA and other applicable international instruments
- Strong written communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Command of Microsoft packages (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access) is required.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and network-building skills and the ability to work in a multi-stakeholder, multi-cultural environment.
- Attention to detail, superior organisation skills and ability to operate within tight deadlines.
5) Duration of Assignment
The duration of the contract will be 5 months, potentially renewable.
Expected start date: as soon as possible.
7) Deliverables and payment schedule
The consultant will be paid monthly on the basis of the amount of work performed.
To apply for this opportunity, please send a resume and cover letter addressing your relevant qualifications, and your daily consulting rate in USD in PDF format to: Sandra Wydler (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line: “Country Logistics Consultants [COUNTRY] [YOURLASTNAME]”.
All applications must be received no later than 11:59pm CET on 22.02.2021.