Short-Term Consultancy to Develop a Country Brief: Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
The Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation (GATF) is a public-private delivery mechanism created to support the implementation of the World Trade Organization’s Trade Facilitation Agreement (“TFA”) through partnerships between governments and private sector. The GATF is a cooperative effort funded by the governments of the United States, Great Britain, Canada, Germany, Australia, and Denmark.
The GATF Secretariat is composed of the Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE), the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the World Economic Forum (WEF), and Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).
The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) is exploring the possibility of developing a trade facilitation project in Jordan. As part of the project design cycle of the Alliance, CIPE is seeking a short-term consultant to support the development of a Country Brief which will outline the general trade facilitation environment in Jordan.
The main objective of the assignment is to support CIPE in developing a Country Brief via secondary and primary research. The Country Brief will have a maximum of 15 pages plus annexes and is composed of the following key sections:
· Country profile. Basic information covering sociopolitical and economic environment.
· Trade facilitation profile. This section will provide a general overview of the current trade facilitation landscape: TFA status, primary cross-border issues, composition of the National Trade Facilitation Committee, and major existing trade facilitation initiatives.
· Private sector participation: with the collaboration of the CIPE team, this section will highlight all major interactions and communications that have taken place in Jordan with private sector entities.
· Country risk profile: in collaboration with CIPE’s Legal team, this section will provide a general assessment of the risk profile of Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan using the CIPE’s Trade Practice Risk Matrix.
The consultancy entails desk research, technical writing, and a commitment to deadlines. The Consultant will work closely with CIPE to garner relevant information for the country brief. A sample country brief will be provided to shortlisted consultants.
Scope of Work
Under the supervision and overall guidance of the CIPE’s Senior Program Officer for GATF, and in close collaboration with other CIPE staff, the consultant will perform the following tasks:
· Research, write and edit a comprehensive text – including charts and graphs, as needed – for the Country Brief as per a “working” editorial and production schedule.
· The consultant will draft a country brief based on desk research and consultations with key stakeholders provided by the CIPE team to ensure that the content accurately reflects the trade facilitation environment in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
· After the draft text is reviewed by the CIPE team, the Consultant will incorporate revisions related to content, design and/or language. The text will adhere to GATF branding standards for language and presentation.
· The Consultant will also proof read the texts as they are laid out by the GATF design.
· Work with CIPE’s Legal team for GATF, CIPE Senior Program Officer and other applicable CIPE staff to finalize the Country Brief for the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan by March 31st, 2020.
|Deliverable||Due date||Report Format|
|Draft Country Brief||March 25, 2020||Electronic (MS Word)|
|Final Country Brief incorporating all comments and feedback received from the CIPE team.||March 31, 2020||Electronic (MS Word)|
· Bachelor’s or master’s degree in international development, economics, public policy or related field.
· Excellence in writing technical documents related to international trade.
· Strong command of trade facilitation, logistics issues, international supply chains, import, transit and/or export processes highly preferred.
· Demonstrated experience in designing and conducting primary and secondary research and reporting.
· Experience using both qualitative and quantitative data, including data analysis and presentation using charts and graphs.
· In-depth knowledge and experience in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan with some proficiency in Arabic desired.
The budget for this consultancy amounts to $5,000
100% of total contract amount will be paid against the submission and approval of the Final Country Brief.
To apply for this opportunity, please send a resume or CV, cover letter and a writing sample to email@example.com; subject “STC_Jordan_[YOURLASTNAME]”. Deadline: March 2, 2020 at 5pm EST.