Communications Officer – Cambodia
Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation/Swisscontact
1) Background information
The Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation is a public-private partnership for trade-led growth, supporting governments in developing and least-developed countries in implementing the World Trade Organization’s Trade Facilitation Agreement. Alliance projects cut through red tape and end costly delays at borders by bringing together governments and businesses of all sizes as equal partners to deliver targeted trade reforms.
By emphasizing digitisation and delivering other best practices, Alliance projects enable businesses to trade more easily thanks to streamlined and more predictable processes. Governments save time and resources by modernising trade procedures while still safeguarding their borders. Ultimately, Alliance projects boost trade competitiveness and business conditions, which are key drivers of inclusive economic growth and poverty reduction.
The Alliance is led by the Center for International Private Enterprise, the International Chamber of Commerce, and the World Economic Forum, in cooperation with Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ). It is funded by the governments of the United States, Canada, Germany, Denmark, and Australia.
Swisscontact is a leading organisation for the implementation of international development projects. It promotes inclusive economic, social and ecological development to make an effective contribution towards sustainable and widespread prosperity in developing and emerging economies.
The Alliance, through Swisscontact, is implementing a project in Cambodia to improve small package e-Trade for SMEs. The project aims to support Cambodia boost improved trade performance and inclusive growth in the country by enhancing trade facilitation implementation with improved transparency in trade practices and reduced time and cost of cross-border e-trade. The main direct beneficiaries are the General Department of Customs and Excise (GDCE), Cambodia Post, Cambodia Women Entrepreneurs Association (CWEA), and selected other private entities.
In this endeavour, the Alliance and Swisscontact are seeking for a full-time staff to develop communications and outreach efforts for the project through online and printed communication channels. The development of the communication plan will help to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of project implementation.
- Starting date: June 2021
- Contract duration: End December 2022
- Place work: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Disposition frequent travelling within country.
3) Job purpose
The Communication Officer will be expected to work in Communication Department, working closely with project teams and its stakeholders to produce a variety of materials such as content writing and design materials including website article, social media contents, video clips, success stories, case studies, programme factsheet etc. Her/his role also includes event management with the key stakeholders.
- Work closely with the project teams to prepare the yearly communication plan for the programme/project.
- Produce all the required communication tools to support the activities of SeT4SME as per the yearly plan.
- Organize events for the project.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders/partners to implement the communication guideline of the project.
- Develop standard and professional communication materials for the project by following the communication guidelines.
- Put out good and quality content for website article and social media channels as per yearly
5) Profile of candidate
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in media, or relevant training.
- Three (3) years of experience working in the field of communications.
- Experience in working on communication for development, digital or promotional campaign.
- Experience in contact management with private and public sector stakeholders.
- Prior experience in e-trade or working with SMEs is a strong asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in Khmer and English.
- Available to travel to the field when needed.
- Mastery in Microsoft Office 360, especially programme design and video editing such as
Adobe is an asset.
- Excellent team player and committed work attitude
To apply for this opportunity, please send a resume and letter of motivation in English, to email@example.com by May 16th, 2021.